We would love to sell some more tickets for Eilen's show tomorrow. We received rave reviews from her appearance here last year and wanted to have her again as she passed through Illinois.
This will be one of those intimate shows that if you don't make, you will regret. Read what people are saying about her:
- “She’s got a sweet and clear voice with a killer instinct lurking beneath the shiny surface.” - NPR Song of the Day
- “Dark and haunting…but alluring just the same…Give me more of that voice.” - USA Today’s Pop Candy
- “An undiscovered gem…a layered, shimmering pearl of an album that shines like cut crystal.” - American Songwriter
- “We’re loving Eilen Jewell…smoky vocals and swinging rhythms.” -OK! Magazine
- “Once you hear her, you can’t help but stick around for more.” - Pollstar
- “Shimmering” – Mother Jones
- “Emotionally raw and riveting.” – Boston Globe
- “Not to be missed.” – No Depression
- “[Jewell] embellishes the classic Nashville vocal approach with appealing measures of blues, pop, and jazz.” – New Yorker
- “A major accomplishment.” – Boise Weekly
- “With a burnished voice lingering somewhere between Billie Holiday and Neko Case, Eilen Jewell’s aching vocals are pure, country-gospel, box-car soul.” – My Old Kentucky Blog
- “Must-listen alt-country.” – Minneapolis Star Tribune
- “One will become “Hooked.” Don’t be afraid of getting caught.” – PopMatters
In addition, here are a couple other tidbits to check out... including a celebrity endorsement:
- Actor Tom Hanks included Eilen as a “Summer Must” in Entertainment Weekly.
- Listen to Eilen’s interview and performance on NPR’s World Cafe
Eilen hails from Idaho. She is currently recording her fifth, full-length, solo album with her long-time road band of Jerry G. Miller (named instrumentalist of the year the past two years in a row), husband and drummer Jason Beek, and slapping upright bass player Johnny Sciascia. People rave about her band! Her music has been on several major TV shows and ad campaigns. Just to name a few.....
- Fast Songs National prime-time TV commercial: Too Hot Too Sleep…from 2007's Letters From Sinners and Strangers
- True Blood – HBO Seasons 2 & 3: Shakin' All Over from 2009's Sea of Tears & Till You Lay Down Your Heavy Load from 2005's Boundary County
- Sons of Anarchy – FX I Remember You from 2011's Queen of the Minor Key
- Hellcats – CW Boundary County from Boundary County
- Earth 2100 – ABC How Long from Letters from Sinners and Strangers
- Final Witness – ABC Radio CIty from Queen of the Minor Key & The Flood from Boundary County
If you missed Ray's article last week, click here to read more on her bio and view a handful of her music videos. Although after this impressive list of references, we're hard pressed to see how you'll need much more convincing. See you tomorrow night!